Down syndrome help!!!!

I am almost positive that my Daughter has Down syndrome. When I was pregnant it came basck saying that there was a chance but further testing was never followed up due to the fact we had just gotten over a miscarriage before we got pregnant with her. Is there any kind of testing that can be done to tell if she has it? She is almost 3 and we ahve been noticing the similarites but just now started putting 2 and 2 together.

Ibelongtojesus

Asked by Ibelongtojesus at 6:53 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• try a different doctor, i would have you looked it all up on the internet to get as much information as you can about the syndrome
    niceandspice

Answer by niceandspice at 7:14 PM on May. 4, 2009

• surely doctors would have picked up on this by now?
    niceandspice

Answer by niceandspice at 6:55 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Forgot to add htat she has the slanting eyes, low muscle tone, small stature, cognitive and speech delays, protruding tongue. flat nasal bridge,short neck, excessive joint laxity, broad head, more fingerprint circles then usual, and round face. Most of the sysmptoms of DS. PLease help.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 6:55 PM on May. 4, 2009

• they are not so smart here. I told them maybe they could do a blood test like the kayotype, they never heard of it. I also had a midwife and was considered high risk so any further invasive testing during pregnancy was out of the question. I really wish I knew.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 6:57 PM on May. 4, 2009

• sorry it is Karyotype test.
    Ibelongtojesus

• your daughter looks normal in the picture on your profile.
    Anonymous

• find a new doctor who will help you do genetic testing.
    dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 11:22 PM on May. 4, 2009

• The hospital would have informed you of this. I don't think there is any way she could be this age and you not know she has it.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:33 PM on May. 6, 2009