How to get through to my misbehaving 3 and 5 year boys!?!

How can I get my boys to behave! I am at wits ends! I know boys will be boys and that they get into everything but for the past 5 years I have had no problems with them sneaking pens and coloring on floors walls clothes and each other or pulling all of their clothes out of their closet and dresser and pulling all sheets and blankets off their beds pulling all toys out of toy boxes breaking blinds biting getting into non toxic cleaning supplies and pouring them all over the floor they don't respond to time out or making them clean their messes or even spankings... i have ran out of options! I AM AT WITS ENDS I NEED ADVICE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!**sobs**

payashmommy

Asked by payashmommy at 6:54 PM on May. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• have you tried seperating them for a few hours, perhaps they need you on a one to one basis occasionally, my boys are a year apart they fight like cat and dog everyday, playing nice one minute, then fighting the next.
    niceandspice

Answer by niceandspice at 7:01 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I actually have the same proble with 6 year old. He is severe ADHD so he is a handful anyway. he still does that crap everyday. I sit him on a mat on the floor and tell him he has 6 minutes there becase thats his age na dif he gets up we add a minute. At first it was hell then he relized well she is not kidding I will have to sit here all night. I also took he favorite toys away from him and made him earn them back. So theres a couple of ideas.
    luvmyboys0208

Answer by luvmyboys0208 at 8:57 PM on May. 4, 2009

• i have boys too- 5, 3 1/2 and 1 1/2- and one on the way- and let me tell u- its crazy! my 3 1/2 yr old is always throwing stuff whether in thin air- at the tv or at his brothers it always ends up in disaster lol- and them they are always wrestling drawing on themselves or each other and always getting in to something- but i figured it out- the days that are more peaceful are the ones when we go out- whether its a walk to the park a store or just letting them run in the backyard- once we get home they are happy and quiet and play great with each other- so maybe if u find some activities for them to put all of their energy into? maybe if they get out and get some fresh air more theyll behave better? it worked for me so its worth a shot! lol- good luck and if u need a sympathetic ear pm me anytime- moms just have to stick together!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 9:49 PM on May. 4, 2009