My husband is leaving for basic training soon and he has been really crabby the last few days. Is that normal?

Is he just not taking this well? What can I do to stop him from being so negative and mean all the time?

Tickledtrauma

Asked by Tickledtrauma at 6:56 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• I'd be crabby too if I were leaving for basic training. Talk with your husband. You don't want him to leave on a sour note. Was this his decision? A mutual decision? Maybe he's feeling resentful? Maybe he's scared of leaving you? Or scared that you won't be there when he gets back? I don't know...just talk with him. Make sure you make time for just the two of you before he leaves. Let him know how much you love him....and that you will be right there waiting for him when he gets home.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, he's about to leave everyone and everything he knows and loves to go do something very scary and intimidating.

I think if you verbally recognized what he was facing, and just gave him a good long hug, that would help.
    Anonymous