OMG...I need help with a 5 month old

My DD, I think she's teething...and it's really starting to hurt her...
I've tried teething rings (cool, cold and warm), wet washclothes (cool and warm), walked with her, put her in the bathtub to soothe her...nothing is working...
Baby orajel is a joke...it's not working...I've taken her to her ped. and there's nothing wrong with her...
Ped says give her tylenol, but I can't give it to her all the time...

Anyone know of any old fashion remedies? Please help me...

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 7:02 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They used to give me a mixture of something including Lidocaine. It was a clear gel stuff.. but that was like 20 years ago.. Good stuff!!!
    Anonymous

• There's nothing wrong with giving them tylenol. And I know this sounds weird...but someone told me to use a frozen waffle. good luck, momma!
    Anonymous

• Try teething tablets or teething drops (the drops worked better for my son)
    Along with Tylenol when she is hurting a lot.
    You could try an amber teething necklace.... like on here http://www.amberartisans.com/amtene3.html
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:36 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Hylands teething tabs and frozen washcloths

Answer by rkoloms at 7:45 PM on May. 4, 2009

• take some fruit chill it then put it in a mesh thing it looks like a binky I dont know what there called but that way its cold and sweet and nutrtious
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 7:53 PM on May. 4, 2009

• i wish i had an answer for you myself. my daughter is 11 months right now and she herself only has three teeth. two bottom middle and one top middle. teething was a big issue for her too (still is. matter of fact, she has been non stop crying for the last four days because the second top one is coming in now). the only thing that help a little with her was the tylenol. I felt the same way you do; i didnt want to give it to her all the time either. my doctor said as long as you are following the tylenol direction it would be ok. good luck. hope it gets better for you
    km56km56

Answer by km56km56 at 7:57 PM on May. 4, 2009

• i used to massage my kids gums with my finger sometimes that little bit of pressure that i put on them help to take a lot of pressure off their mouths and they seemed a little relieved but dont do it too much or it makes their gums too tender buta little bit helps
    tired703

Answer by tired703 at 10:15 PM on May. 4, 2009