When you get pregnant after a c-section, is it normal to have more abdominal pain? I have been having some lower groin pain, but the Dr. says I'm fine...it still worries me! Has anyone else experienced this?

bestmomrjc

Asked by bestmomrjc at 7:16 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I got pregnant 4 1/2 months after a c-section. My abdomen was so sore at times I couldn't bend over. What my OB explained to me is that all of the muscles, tendons, and ligaments are still stretched from the pregnancy, and the incision hadn't had a chance to fully heal.

All if this caused me to have more aches and pains during my second pregnancy. Especially as he started to grow to the point of showing.

I know your pain, but have no worries unless you start having severe pain, then call your doc right away!
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 7:20 PM on May. 4, 2009

• yes, the second baby tends to lie much lower too...putting pressure and causing pain or discomfort down there.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 8:08 PM on May. 4, 2009

• alot of the pain may be the scar stretching as your belly gets bigger. I'd say that it's just your body growing and stretching to accommodate this new life inside of you.
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 9:02 PM on May. 4, 2009

• yep had that problem with my last 2 kids all 3 of my kids were c section and that is typical because scar tissiue is sensative it is trying to stretch to accomidate the baby and also the c sections make the uterus wall alot weaker so it is also harder to have a vaginal birth after c section but yes it does hurt to a degree but the more active that you are the less it hurts because you are keeping thoes muscles loose by walking and being acticve the more i tried to lay around the worse i feelt so go for a walk and stuff and keep your muscles loose it will help
    tired703

Answer by tired703 at 9:58 PM on May. 4, 2009