Does anyone have a lot of trouble sleeping in their 3rd month of pregnancy?

I have soooo much trouble getting a good nights sleep. I have a body pillow to help me but it doesn't seem to help much. I am going crazy!
I think my baby will be waking me up at 4:30 every morning when born and this is torturous preparation! HELP!!

msjack37

Asked by msjack37 at 7:24 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had the same problem during both pregnancies. I don't know what it was, but I couldn't sleep until late, and I'd still wake up at an hour that infomercials were still on air.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 7:25 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I didn't sleep at all either. It is good preparation though....even though it's unwanted right now. Try to sleep during the day when you can. Maybe try reading when you're having trouble sleeping, that may put you to sleep again. Just remember you're almost to the end! Good luck and Congrats!
    Anonymous

• I am in my 4th month, and i still cant sleep!! I have tried so many things, but the one thing i found to help, was reading a book in dim lighting, surrounded by pillows, i still dont fall asleep right away, but I have been geting to sleep A LOT quicker than before!! Good luck!!
    ScEmz

Answer by ScEmz at 7:38 PM on May. 4, 2009

• yes, no sleep. i'm exhausted. uncomfortable with tailbone, hipbone and pelvic pain. i'm 36 weeks pregnant with a baby boy and have a 17 month old daughter who has been teething and last night had 102.8* fever. i'm dizzy in fatigue.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 8:05 PM on May. 4, 2009

• i'm only 6 weeks into my pregnancy and i have tons of problems getting comfortable. i hate how it takes me forever to fall asleep.
    lilbabimama22

Answer by lilbabimama22 at 9:20 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I am in the third trimester and have been having trouble too. the body pillow helps a little, but i still wake up cuz my leg will start to hurt and i'll have to flip over, its like every couple of hours. super annoying.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 10:54 PM on May. 4, 2009

• It's so wonderful to know I am not alone! Does anyone have the magic potion to make it easier???
    msjack37

Answer by msjack37 at 11:01 PM on May. 4, 2009

• i take benadryl or tylenol pm if i can't sleep, the doc said it was ok. i've always had trouble sleeping anyway, i used to take cough syrup if i couldn't sleep before i ever got pregnant. just don't lay on your back or stomach too much, i heard it's not good for the baby. it is really hard to get comfy when you're pregnant.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:03 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Mandielynn...that's part of my problem...I am a tummy sleeper and when that gets uncomfy...I usually switch to my back. This just sux! That's all I can say. Thanks for the advice.
    msjack37

Answer by msjack37 at 11:06 PM on May. 4, 2009