How dilated/effaced were you at 38/39 weeks?

I am due next Thursday and for the past 3 weeks my doctor has been checking me and I haven't progressed at all...I am 1-2cm dilated and 20% effaced and the baby is at -3. I'm just curious where everyone else around this time is at - and if this means I'll end up needing to be induced. I hope not!

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 7:26 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i wasn't anything at 39 weeks. i had my son on time via csection, and my dd was a week late. i dialated only up to 4, it slowed down after the epidural, so i ended up having another csection cuz the doc refused to induce me. damn doctor.
    Anonymous

• i had both girls at 37 weeks and 1 day..water broke both times so I'm definitely not any help...sorry
    FL_Mommy_2

Answer by FL_Mommy_2 at 7:29 PM on May. 4, 2009

• You could be closed up tight one day and have your baby the next. It doesn't really matter.
    christhomp

Answer by christhomp at 7:46 PM on May. 4, 2009

• similar to you...i was induced and i ended up with a c-section. doesn't mean that's going to happen to you. just make sure you tell your doctor you don't want to be induced until the day you turn 42 weeks...i think i was induced too early (2 days past my due date)...but, I had complications.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 8:00 PM on May. 4, 2009

• With my son i was 2cm for 3 weeks and was still the same when i went to the hospital after being in labor all day, i didn't dialate because i was dehydrated. With my daughter i was 2cm at 38 weeks and then 3cm and 80% efaced at 39weeks. When i went into labor with my daughter i drank tons of water to make sure i dialating and was 6 cm when i got to the hospital 6 hours after i started. It's different for everyone but if you drink lots of water when you start having contractions it might help you dialate faster, worked for me anyways :) You sound about where i was when i was ready to have my daughter and she came 2 days after her due date. Just try to relax as much as possible before the baby gets here and enjoy it because you won't have that much time once the baby gets here. Good lcuk and congrats!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 8:21 PM on May. 4, 2009

• i was 3 cm and 60% efaced at 38 weeks, but i did not deliver till 40 weeks. i ended up being induced bc i could not feel the contractions i was having, and my labor wouldnt progress on its own, and they had to break my water
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 8:41 PM on May. 4, 2009