My 16 month old is constipated. SHe wont take prune juice. Apple juice usually does the trick, but not this time. Any laxatives that would be ok for a baby?

Asked by haileyannsmomma at 9:26 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Never ever use a laxative on a child unless doctor recommended and supervised. I would try extra hydration, and make a call into your pedatrician. Also try increasing her fiber intake, oatmeal, whole grains, etc. Laxatives can cause dehydration and pain stomach cramps.

Answer by jabakasupergirl at 9:28 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• try putting some pancake syrup in his sippy cup or bottle 2teaspoons to 8oz should do the trick

Answer by witchyeyes at 9:28 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My dr tol me to try 2 tsp of white karo to 2 oz. of water. it works!!

Answer by kevins_girl1985 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My only suggestion is to talk to your Dr. Just so if there is another reason for the constipation he/she is the best to determine esp since the apple juice isnt working.

Answer by krys1973 at 9:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• KARO!!

Answer by LolaMama at 9:57 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• karo works, and you can also get baby supositories (spelling?)

Answer by 4weeman at 10:40 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• no laxtives give her papaya and apples not the juice its to sugar no bananas that makes them more constipated

• dark karo

Answer by kimmie10575 at 1:12 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• karo syrup or peppermint and water, extra water no matter what. If she's up to solids, blueberries work almost as well as prunes.

Answer by bltcahill at 3:01 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I did baby enimas on my DD. a friend of mine who has been a pedis DR for 10 yrs told me about them, if the juice or karo doesnt work. They didnt for my DD. So we tried these. Thy worked great. But dont use them more than once a day. They come in a pack of 6. The are called baby enimas. They are in the same isle as the adult ones.

Answer by LisaMarie816 at 1:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2008