DO YOU LET YOUR PETS SLEEP ON YOUR BED

Do you let your dog..or cat sleep on your bed?

I know some people do i think its kinda sick,

I dont think its for me,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Pets

• I dont like to share my bed with any animal other then my hubby......

Scary but true story.....
    This lady had a python and during the winter she noticed that every night it would get out of its cage and crawl into bed next to her......she did not think anything of it she just thought the snake was cold and was snuggling up to her for body heat......well the snake did this for a week and that whole week the snake stopped eating. She figured maybe the snake was sick and that is why it was getting so cold at night and that is why her snake would not eat..........WELL she took the snake to the VET and told the VET everything about it sleeping with her and it not feeling well and not eating.....THE VET said mam I am sorry but we have to put your snake to sleep, STUNNED she said WHY is it really sick? The vet said the snake every night was sizeing her up to eat her and that is why it was not eating..............FREAKY BUT TRUE!
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 7:37 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My dog HAS to sleep with me in bed, he burrows under the blankets, its cute.
    And my cat sleeps on my head usually, lateley she's been sleeping on my feet though.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 7:33 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Yes. The cats are welcome to sleep on our bed. They observe that their human companions sleep there, and besides it is the source of body heat and a comfortable place to sleep. So depending on the cat, sometimes they do sleep at our feet.

Answer by Bmat at 8:06 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Yes my cat sleeps at the foot/middle of our bed in the winter time. He stays nice and warm and so do we. ;)
    Tx2Step

Answer by Tx2Step at 8:38 PM on May. 4, 2009

• yup. one my cats sleeps at the foot of the bed. We had another cat that got outside and didn't return and he would sleep curled up behind my knees at night. My other cat curls up with my hubby, but doesn't usually stay the whole night.
    tabbykat6802

Answer by tabbykat6802 at 8:57 PM on May. 4, 2009

• our new puppy insists on sleeping at the foot of our bed. i think its cute. makes it easier to know if she gets up in the middle of the night, too, and easier to have her ready to go out in the morning.
    when she gets better adjusted i'll try to get her to sleep on the floor in front of our bed, lol.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:59 PM on May. 4, 2009

• yup all 3 dogs sleep with me..my 85 golden retriever, and my two 8lb-ers..mind you its just me in my bed...welll, then again my daughter snuck into bed with me the othe rnight, so we were all snuggling!! lol it was fun
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:43 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I wouldn't mind but we have 2 cats and 2 90 lb. dogs and they shed so theyre not allowed in our room or DDs room just b/c of the hair mainly and my DH is kind of allergic to the cats...so it's better than getting rid of them b/c he knows that won't happen =)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:02 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I'd like to see a source for the snake story, because I'm just not buying that. Not that I think you're lying, but maybe whoever told you that was.

We don't let our dogs on our bed, but they are allowed on the beds when we stay at hotels or if we sleep on the spare bed, specifically so we can sleep with them. Because sometimes I just like to cuddle up with the dogs at night, so on the weekends we'll sometimes sleep with them. Just not on our bed.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:10 AM on May. 5, 2009

• We haev cats, they sleep on the bed. They are good at staying down at the bottom though, I'm allergic, so they can't sleep by the pillows. I don't think I would be as lenient with a large dog, they take up too much space.
    ElderGothMom

Answer by ElderGothMom at 3:55 AM on May. 5, 2009