does anyone else have pain in the heel especially in the morning when getting up

any remedys known to help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Health

• Yes. The lady at the gym told me to get a golf ball and roll it around under your foot, especially your heel area.. It's plantar fasia... Or something like that. She said this would stretch whatever needed to be stretched... Sorry, my brain has shut down.
    Anonymous

• You may have Plantar Fasciitis. I have it. I bought orthopedic inserts for my shoes and they have helped tremendously.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/plantar-fasciitis/ds00508

Anonymous

• I agree with Anon:45. I had plantar fasciitis for a long time before I knew what it was, and I did a lot of damage. It got so bad I could barely walk. I bought a night splint from Footsmart.com and wore it every night for probably 8 months, and got sneakers that prevent pronation. They even make sandals for that. When you sleep, your toes relax forward and the tendon shortens. Then when you put your foot down in the morning, it stretches suddenly. When you have PF, there is inflammation and microscopic tears develop. The tendon can even tear away from the bone. Another thing you can do is flex your toes up and stretch your foot out gently before you try to walk in the morning. Or use a stretchy band, put it around the arch of your foot, and gently pull to let the tendon warm up and gently stretch out in the morning. For me, the night splint was an absolute life saver, and from now on I just have to wear good shoes.
    Anonymous

• And it also could be a bone spur. I just saw my ortho doc and my xray showed a bone spur that was causing me a lot of severe heel pain. I could hardly walk. But the exercises that have been mentioned above is the same my doctor recommended too.
    Tx2Step

Answer by Tx2Step at 8:49 PM on May. 4, 2009