Quitting smoking

I quit smoking during my pregnancy, and had no intentions of starting up again. Well, my grandmother (who I was VERY close to) passed away in October and in a moment of weakness at her funeral - I had a cigarette. In recent weeks it has picked back up. I need to quit again - and stay quit. I want to set a date very soon but have a (stressful) family get-together at my SILs this weekend. I feel if I quit before hand I am just setting myself up for failure. Should I wait until Monday, or am I just making excuses? Does anyone have any advice for me here. Did you have more success just doing it or with setting a date?

Lilbeamercomin

Asked by Lilbeamercomin at 7:32 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Health

• I say quit before the gathering and if you make it through you are very strong and can make it through any situation
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 7:34 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Definitely quit before. If you can get through this weekend, then you'll know for the next stressful moment you can do it! I know how hard it is, I quit 3 years ago after smoking for 12 years, 8 years heavily! It's one of the hardest things to do! Good luck!
    Anonymous