What's your worst cooking disaster?

I just burnt a batch of brownies and I wanna know other mommies cooking disasters! lol.

Krystal.Ingalls

Asked by Krystal.Ingalls at 7:46 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I cooked my fiance's birthday cake 45 minutes too long...

he actually ate it too..
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 7:48 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I didn't cook chicken goujons long enough and gave my SO food poisoning. I felt so bad. I don't do much cooking anymore.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 7:49 PM on May. 4, 2009

• When we were first married my DH invited some friends of his fathers over for dinner. I was in Graduate school and was rushing a little. I wanted to make cold cucumber soup and needed to get it into the fridge before I left for class. I shredded the cukes, cooked them with the chicken stock and seasonings and put it into the blender. I was rushing so I ignored where it said that I should allow it to cool before blending. I put my hand on top of the blender and hit the blend button. It blew my hand and the top off and I had cucumber soup dripping from the ceiling and cabinets and off my hair. It was like something out of 'I Love Lucy'! Always let the liquid cool before blending!!!!
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:50 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Everything I cook is a cooking disaster! =)
    Anonymous

• i set garlic bread on fire. There were flames shutting out of that puppy lol
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 7:51 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I made a recipe with bratwurst and beets and beer... not a good combination. We just threw it in the trash and 15 years later, we still talk about it!!!
    sauterelledesil

Answer by sauterelledesil at 7:56 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I set the oven on fire once.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:00 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I remember that chicken, mum-to-be... ;-)

My absolute worst was I was something like 8 years old. It was my mom's birthday, so I thought to surprise her with a cake made from scratch. Long story short, the cake was literally like a dish sponge, and the frosting was water thin. It was completely inedible, but Mom was still touched by the thought.

So I guess it wasn't a complete failure.
    Mangy_Momma

Answer by Mangy_Momma at 8:01 PM on May. 4, 2009

• my first thanksgiving dinner i left everything in the turkey and stuffed around it, didn't know it til the inlaws tried to get some stuffing and got a baggie or turkey inards. Then I burnt the top of a pumpkin pie in the oven, pulled it out set it on the stove to cool, didn't realize the burner was on so I burnt the bottom too.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:09 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I blew up an angelfood cake!! No one told me to run a knife through the batter to pop air bubbles. It smells like roasted marshmallows but is a pain to clean out of the oven.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:11 PM on May. 4, 2009