Obama's 500 promises

http://www.uncommongoods.com/item/item.jsp?source=family&itemId=18090

Do you think this will be a hot seller or a dud?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Like a life or death version of Trivial Pursuit, "Obama's Promises" are about as worthless as the paper they're printed on! But it's nice to see someone trying to realize the American dream of CAPITALISM! lol :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:58 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Honey, you must be a youngin.. Don't you understand it's all about politics. Seriously, you don't believe all that political crap do you? Campaign promises...?? Hello??? None of it is real Babe. Not one President ever kept his campaign promises... It goes way beyond that.. It's soooo much bigger than one man. You'll catch on in a few years.
    Anonymous

• He is doing pretty good for a little over 100 days.....
    Tracking Obama’s promises
    28 Promise kept
    7 Compromise
    6 Promise Broken
    4 Stalled
    63 In the Work
    406 No Action still to be done.
    PolitiFact will be tracking Barack Obama’s promises during his presidency and will be rating the progress of each one
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 8:11 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Based on the promises I heard him make on the campaign trail, I rather wish he broke more.
    Anonymous

• I think he'll be better than most, but as the previous poster said, none of them keep all their promises. The one that sticks out to me is Walter Mondale (from MN) who ran for pres against Reagan (when he was an incumbent in 1984). When asked during the campaign whether he would raise taxes, he said yes, it would be unavoidable. It was an honest answer. (Reagan of course promised not to raise taxes, however after being elected, he raised them by the highest percentage than any president previous to him.) Mondale was seriously criticized for this honest answer and most people (including him) agree that it was a mistake that ended any chance he had against Reagan, who was very popular. So it doesn't pay to be completely honest.
    Anyway, I think Obama will do better than most. And I liked his platform, and I have always voted Democrat.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:27 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Wow anon 7:01, it stinks of condescension in here.

Oh wait, are you the president of the LoriKeet fan club? What's your club called? LKKC? LoriKeet's Keyboard Cowards? Good stuff, anon. Good stuff.

Anonymous

Tracking Obama’s promises
    28 Promise kept
    7 Compromise
    6 Promise Broken
    4 Stalled
    63 In the Work
    406 No Action still to be done.

how do you figure he's kept so many? He is a complete joke.
    almostcrazee

Answer by almostcrazee at 12:48 AM on May. 5, 2009

• how do you figure he's kept so many? He is a complete joke.

Well, she did say that Politifact was keeping track. If you had Googled politifact you would find this site...

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/

Ta-da! He's doing pretty good for only a little more than 100 days in office.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on May. 5, 2009

• no, i am the president of the lorikeet fan club and who is the coward if neither her nor i are posting anon but you are?!?!?!?
    Gemmi280

Answer by Gemmi280 at 8:12 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I love it! But seeing as it isn't in stores and not advertised anywhere I doubt it will be a huge success. I hope the guy or gal who invented it makes a ton. They deserve it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:58 PM on May. 5, 2009