whats my luteal phase based off this info?

jan : my pd came on the 24th lasted til the 27th

feb: was the 23rd-26th

march: it came on the 23rd lasted till abt the 25th

april: pd came on the 16th lasted till the 20th.

can anyone tell me what they think my luteal phase is??
its asking me on this ovulation website and its confusing me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• your luteal phase is the amount of days from ovulation to the beginning for your period. You have to know your ovulation day to know your luteal phase.
    Ashley21

Answer by Ashley21 at 8:54 PM on May. 4, 2009

• You should start charting with a bbt thermometer. You can sign up for a free account with fertility friend and enter your bbt daily. It will tell you when your ovulation day is.
    Jamie_Sanchez

Answer by Jamie_Sanchez at 12:26 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Your luteal phase is the time from ovulation day until your next period starts. In the "average" 28 day cycle, you would ovulate around day 14, and your luteal phase would be days 15-28. The luteal phase is almost always the same length of time in each cycle (on average, 14 days). It is the ovulation day that is more likely to fluctuate. Since your cycles seem to vary a bit, it is difficult to predict when your ovulation day will be. The best way to become familiar with your cycle is to chart your basal body temperature. You use a special thermometer with an extra decimal place (for example, it would read 98.62 instead of just 98.6), and you take your temperature at the same time every morning before you get out of bed. It needs to be a resting temperature to be accurate. Check out www.fertilityfriend.com. It is free to sign up, and will teach you everything you need to know about BBT charting.
    jbveltema

Answer by jbveltema at 10:36 AM on May. 5, 2009

• yes...you would have to know when u ovulate to determine your luteal phas....my cycles are roughly 32 days long....i ovulate around day 20 so my LP is about 12 days
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 3:29 PM on May. 5, 2009