Is there any mothers here who had trouble conceiving? What did you do about it?

DoctorDiva

Asked by DoctorDiva at 8:03 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It took my husband and I three years. After 2 1/2 years we went to a fertility specialist. We did all the tests and everything was normal. We started Clomid and I stopped that after 3 months as I didn't like the side effects. In November of '07 we decided that we were going to do Invitro in February of '08. However, in January of '08 I took a test and I was pregnant!
    I think a lot of it is the stress! You need to stop stressing and just relax!
    I also always knew when I was ovulating, so I knew when our chances were the best. I would say after a year of trying go to a specialist and just see if anything is wrong. A lot of times it's something small that can be fixed. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• We have been off birth control for around 10 years and got pregnant a couple of times, miscarried and that was it. Last November I had been gone for a week for my uncle's funeral, came back, REALLY missed my hubby and presto! I'm due to deliver in July. Like the previous post (PP) I agree, even though it's hard, once you relax and aren't stressing it will happen. If it doesn't see a fertility doc, we did and everything was normal. With my age (I'll be 40 this summer) they really wanted to put me on Clomid, but as I rarely take ANY meds I said no, plus the side effects to me almost outweigh the benefits.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 8:24 PM on May. 4, 2009