Anyone suffer from BV?

Bacterial Vaginosis? i had gotten it a couple times over the years when i was a teenager. i am now 28 and had gotten it again when i was preganant. my baby is now 11 months old. i kinda ignored all the signs when i was pregnant because i just attributed it to being pregnant but when it didnt go away 6 months after having her, i called my ob gyn. i have try 4 rounds of antibiotics and two different insertion antibiotics with no success. the few times i had it before, i had no trouble getting rid of it.i have an appointment with a specialist but its not for months. does anyone else have this problem? any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Health

• try balance active a vaginal gel its a bit expensive but it works
    Anonymous

• The only thing taht worked for me was probiotics
    Anonymous

• I used to get BV infections quite a bit as a teenager as well. I have never had any problems getting rid of them...but at one point I did have a doctor treat my boyfriend as well. Has your husband/SO been treated? just a thought...good luck...I know its uncomfortable and annoying...especially with a new baby to take care of
    Anonymous

• Like anon :21 said, your S/O can carry it and you could keep getting it from having sex with him. When I had BV, my husband had just moved up to NY and I got up to NY while I was on my antibiotics and he wore a condom. Mine went away with antibiotics and I haven't had one since.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 8:43 PM on May. 4, 2009