The dentist

When was the last time you visited one?How often do you go?

momofsixangels

Asked by momofsixangels at 8:12 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Health

• I've been bad about going. Last I went was early last year.
    Anonymous

• February - I go every six months .
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 8:21 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I have never gone regularly, except when I was a kid. For so many years, I struggled financially and it was impossible to go even with insurance. It was always depressing. But, I ended up with a lot of toothaches and gradually losing teeth. I now have partials upper and lower. I'm thankful that I always managed to have my kids go though. My husband goes every three months, because he ended up losing all his uppers several years ago. he has all his lowers tho.

I will give you one warning - or maybe I should say "suggestion" - I would avoid HMO dentists. I have HMO for my medical insurance, but the HMO dentist I used to have several years ago, really screwed me over financially. I found out later after it was too late that he charged me almost double what another dentist would have charged for my first partial plate. (And yes, the other DDS is awesome. He's the one my DH goes to, and I go when I must.)
    Ginny19

Answer by Ginny19 at 8:47 PM on May. 4, 2009

• It has been about 12 years and that was just to get a tooth pulled. Im scared to death of dentists. Now I am 35 and just getting my wisdom teeth so I have a feeling it wont be much longer until I have to go. My kids and husband go when needed. I guess what scares me most is the loopy gas and the sound of that damned drill oh yeah and if getting a tooth pulled feeling and hearing all the tugging. OMG Im gonna have night mares tonight.
    Anonymous

• Last year. We all go once a year.
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 9:27 PM on May. 4, 2009