BF-ing moms, what's your baby's bedtime routine?

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 8:20 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Our routine for my 9 month old (has been about the same since he was born)
    We have dinner, bath, breastfeed, and then he gets a story or song or something and if he still is active he gets a bottle and then to bed! He still stays up pretty late though, bed time is 9-10
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:40 PM on May. 4, 2009

• We start with a bath around 7 (every other day) - Nurse around 7:30 - Read a couple of books, then to bed around 8. I usually wake her around 10 to feed again. She usually sleeps until 7am after that!
    snb216

Answer by snb216 at 8:40 PM on May. 4, 2009

• i have had the same routine since bubs was 3 months old, he is 6 months old now.
    bath time at 5( this early because he refuses to nap), we talk and cuddle and i give him a massage, then he nurses for a while( 20 min), then i put him in his crib awake by 5:45.
    this seems to be working for us. mind you though, he wakes 3-4 times through the night.
    mom2sweetestboy

Answer by mom2sweetestboy at 8:53 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I forgot to add...my little one is almost 3 months :)
    snb216

Answer by snb216 at 8:58 PM on May. 4, 2009

• We just put her in her jammies, then I feed her in the bedroom with just the lamp on. Once she's done we put her in her cradle with her froggy mobile. She goes to bed at 9, used to be 10 untill afew nights ago.
    She falls asleep in about 10 minutes and sleeps all night untill 6 or 8 usually
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:11 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Oh and she's 9 weeks:)
    BambiF

• mines 2 wks and i feed her around 9 or 10 and then she sleeps in the living room till i go to bed around midnight (i dont put her in her bed when im not in there becuase she has 2 older sisters that like to get out of their beds) she wakes up 1 to 2 times a night..first few nights were hell..she thought she was going to co sleep
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 9:35 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Mine is 7 months and she eats dinner (solids) around 6-6:30 then we bathe her (every night) and then we play with her while putting her in jammies and getting her all ready.

Then I'll nurse her and every once in a while when she falls asleep while nursing I'll just put her in the crib, but if she is still awake (most days) I'll sing to her and say prayers with her, then put her down and turn the mobile on.

She's in bed between 7:30 and 8, and wakes up the next morning between 7:30 and 8.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 10:03 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My son is 9 months. At about 6:00 he eats dinner (solids) then he gets down and plays for a while. If we eat dinner later than him then he gets back in his high chair and eats bits of whatever we are eating. Then he plays a little more and at about 7:30 we go upstairs. He takes a bath (pretty much every night). Jammies, lotion, and any medicine he is getting. He gets a story. Then I turn off the lights (it's on a dimmer switch I just take it down to the lowest level but still giving off light). I turn on his lullaby CD and nurse him. Then straight to bed. He sleeps until 3 or 4 most nights, nurses again, and then back to bed.

Lately he's been waking around 11 or 12 also because he is cutting teeth.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:22 PM on May. 4, 2009

• dinner, bath, play a little bit if it is early or he is not tired, but usually he is. Nurse in the rocking chair in his room, turn on the air purifer (sounds like a small fan) crank on the lullaby music and lay him down with his blankie.
    scrappymomma

Answer by scrappymomma at 10:34 PM on May. 4, 2009