Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

elderly care??

ok, today my uncle told me about this program that i have never heard of before. the state pays me to take care of a family member or a friend. i been helping my grandparents out by taking care of my grandfather, take to DR's, get test done, make food, help clean etc etc. i wont, refuse take any money from my grandmother for gas or anything!!!!! i would really like to find this info, but i cant find anything!!!! My grandmother wants me to do this program as well. does anyone know of this and can give me some links or anything???
i have looked everywhere but it dont help that i dont have the proper name LOL

thanks ladies

Answer Question

Asked by Jen2190620 at 8:27 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Health

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • My mom does this for my Grandma.She gets $8 an hour[40hrs per week]

    Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:28 PM on May. 4, 2009

  • Check out your Human Resources Dept for the Aging. In my state of Texas it is called Community Based Assistance and that program finds help for the seniors that need help in their homes. The CBA program as it's called comes through our Human Resources Dept for the Aging here in our town. Check it out. My parents have this program and they have a lady that comes every day for so many hours a day to help them. I could have taken the job myself but I thought it best to have a non-family member. It is working out great for my parents and doesn't cost them anything.

    Answer by Tx2Step at 8:44 PM on May. 4, 2009

  • thank you Tx2step!!! i will look into that!!

    Answer by Jen2190620 at 8:45 PM on May. 4, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.