No period after 4 years with my Mirena

I have had my Mirena for 4 1/2 years now. Last year I started a new job that was physical and my period got really heavy those few months, I went to the dr and had a check because that wasn't normal and I couldn't feel the strings. He didn't tell me if he found it or not, so I'm not sure if it's still there but starting last Oct. I only had one period since then and now and that was back in Jan. I don't have the money to go to the dr to check again. I don't know if it's still there or if it could have fallen out when i had my heavy periods and those lasted for like 2 weeks when i had them.

boswell7

Asked by boswell7 at 8:41 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you went to the doctor specifically for this why didn't he/she tell you if everything was okay? Call the office and ask questions. Saying you were confused on some of the details and need further information is something they do for free over the phone. I sometimes have to call back because I forgot to ask a question or didn't remember the answer.
    LovemyQ

Answer by LovemyQ at 8:55 PM on May. 4, 2009

• well, when i went he couldn't feel them either and did a papsmear but didn't say anything all he said was they would call me if i had abnormal papsmear results and thank god i didn't. but my last period was in january 09 before that it was sept 08, i have never been like this on the mirena i've always had a period and they have always been fine till i started that job and they went irregular now i don't have one. sorry if i repeat alot of stuff.
    boswell7

Answer by boswell7 at 9:05 PM on May. 4, 2009

• i'm just wondering if this has happened to people after they've had their IUD for 4 years or so.
    Anonymous

• i don't trust anything except condoms. and you probably need to find a new doctor once you get the money. a doctor needs to be able to explain everything thoroughly to a patient. you could try getting free insurance, i live in tn and i am on tenncare. or try your local health department, they go by your income and they will give you birth control really cheap. they will even give you free condoms, lol.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:44 PM on May. 4, 2009