How do you feel about mothers allowing their child to eat food in the grocery store before purchasing it.

I was in Walmart today and my two year old wanted a juicy and some chips that I placed in the buggy and this associate gave me a funny look while I was shopping. Im like I am paying for it so kiss my ass. I remember my mom never allowed us to do this. But lil j want take no for an answer. Any of you moms allow this?

diamondmamma

Asked by diamondmamma at 8:47 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• rolling on floor

Anonymous

• yes i have done that. I do still. we buy the popcorn chicken in the store and eat it in the store. I do pay for it. when they are hungry and need something while you shop yep. as long as I pay for it I dont care if the contailer is empty or not.
    debmom07

Answer by debmom07 at 8:49 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I personally don't do that. But I don't care what other people do, it's not my business.
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 8:50 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I do it also with the popcorn chicken or anything else to soothe my little man while I shop. Nothing wrong with it as long as you pay.
    heavenlypeace

Answer by heavenlypeace at 8:52 PM on May. 4, 2009

• i think it doesn't do anything to teach the kids patience, or that they don't get everything they want just for throwing a fit. if your kid is hungry, feed him before you go grocery shopping..of bring a dang snack with you. how does the store know whether you are going to pay for it? do you put on clothing/shoes in a dept store, and wear them around while you do the rest of your shopping?
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:05 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Anyone can say well I'm going to buy it anyway, but you know what? Some don't and I have seen plenty of empty packages, banana peels, eaten apples etc. sitting on shelves when I worked in a grocery store and I still do when shopping.

Anyway, no I don't do it and I don't care about others, I'm just doing what is right. I will bring snacks with us or stop at the bakery and my kids get a free cookie from the cookie club.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:12 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I do it all the time but the workers at my wal-mart know me and my dd my mom worked there and my dh still does
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 9:13 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I don't do it personally but I have seen other mom's in the store opening packages and handing the stuff over to their kids. I'm not a big fan of this because I know you plan on paying for it but it's not paid for yet and what if something happens and I need to leave before I pay. I dunno it's just me. Whatever floats your boat. Plus I always get the free cookie!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:20 PM on May. 4, 2009

• on a rare occasion I have done it. But only if I'm paying in cash. I think it's the fear of the card not working or something
    Anonymous

• What the hell is with the free cookie?
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 9:26 PM on May. 4, 2009