How did you know you were in labor?

How did you know it was time to go to the hospital? Did you have to time your contractions or did you even feel any? I kept waiting and wondering about contractions and then my water broke and I never even felt any until I got to the hospital!!

Indygirl18

Asked by Indygirl18 at 8:58 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My water broke at 36w 6d. I didn't feel contractions until I was induced.
    Anonymous

• With one of mine I had lower back pains that just kept getting stronger till the point I was timing them. Doctor broke my water after getting to the hospital.
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 9:04 PM on May. 4, 2009

• With my son i woke up at 10am to contraction and started timing them about an hour later because they didn't stop, I had my son at 8:19 the next morning :( With my daughter i woke up at 5am went to the bathroom and noticed i lost my plug well i went back to bed until 7am when i woke up to contractions, i took a shower and made sure my hospital bag was packed and by the door. My husband woke up at about 11am and i had been timing them for about an hour and they were 7 mins apart so i took a bath to help with the discomfort becuase i didn't want to go to the hospital to early and just sit in bed all day. I had my daughter at 6:54 that night. I hope this next one comes as quick as her or qucker lol but who knows. My dr had to break my water both times.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 9:14 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My contractions were about 7-10 minutes apart and I was already a few days past my due date. It was a Thursday and I was supposed to go in on Friday to be induced. I figured they'd let me in a day early :)

I wasn't in super active labor, but I was progressing. I was 3 cm at the doctors visit a few days earlier, and was 4 cm when I was at the hospital.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 9:31 PM on May. 4, 2009

• With all three of mine, I had lower back pain. I stayed at home until the pain was more than I could bear, then went to the hospital. The Doctor broke my water at the hospital.
    Nanna22

Answer by Nanna22 at 9:46 AM on May. 5, 2009

• My son came three months early. I felt the pain an I was hurting for awhile I lay down to take a nap I figured it would go away. It never dawned on me I was even in labor until I went to the hospital and the nurse said " you are in labor honey."
    Natasha316

Answer by Natasha316 at 4:45 PM on May. 7, 2009