What do you do for kids who won't go to sleep.

I have 3 girls (7, 4, 2). The youngest one has decided she does not need to go to sleep. They have to share a room, and her screaming, talking, touching, and/or crying is not only irritating me to death it is keeping the other two from being able to go to sleep. I really don't know what to do. If I put her in another room, the other two think she is getting special treatment and then they are upset and whiny. I just don't know what I'm supposed to do.

mommyonetheedge

Asked by mommyonetheedge at 8:59 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• benadryl... lol... seriously... try reading to them all for a while, lavender aromatherapy, or sleepy time tea or a combination
    Dara.M

Answer by Dara.M at 9:12 PM on May. 4, 2009

• you could try bedtime bath with bedtime lotion after that...it usually works with my 2 1/2 yr old and no u cant use meds to put the kid to sleep.....
    Irresistible258

Answer by Irresistible258 at 9:16 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Put her to sleep either before or after the other two. Start with a set-in-cement bedtime routine (snack, teeth, bath, story, story, story, song, sleep) and in a week to two weeks, it will be habit for her. I would start her bedtime routine at least an hour before the other girls' - then tell them they need to be quiet as they get into bed or they'll have the baby up again.
    rainbowlight

Answer by rainbowlight at 10:43 PM on May. 4, 2009

• i have three girls also 10yr, 6yr, & 2 yr they share a room to. I don't normally have issues with them sleeping, but when I do.. I put the 2yr in another room explaining to them that they are big girls and its a privialliage to sleep in thier room & i'm proud of them. so the 2r leaving the room is losing her big girl priviallge. if the 2yr takes a nap you may want to stop it. also keep a routine for all kids bath, book, hugs, soft music, BED. its also easier if everyone has same bed time.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:24 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I so feel your pain!!! I had the same problem with my 2yr old boy. The crying drove my insane and my middle girls whining........between the two I thought for sure I was going to go mad. The best advice I can give you is to tell you to stay on a very stern night time schedule. It is not without pain and it will take at least 2 weeks but from experience it works. Best of luck with that!!!

3raascals

3raascals

Answer by 3raascals at 10:52 AM on May. 5, 2009