Tanning while pregnant.

I have no idea how to work "Cafe Mom", I am use to Baby Gaga, so this is my first post.

Anyways, I thought I would ask a question here instead of filling the posts on there.

I know tanning while pregnant is okay, as long as you stay hydrated. I went out today and got a nice little tan, but my husband keeps telling me that I have to wear sunscreen.

I dont want to because I dont tan as well, and I barely ever burn. So is he right? Should I use sunscreen while lying out?

Dorothy513

Asked by Dorothy513 at 9:01 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't tan at all. It's not healthy for your skin, period.
    Anonymous

• Dont listen to ANON 03 -

You are fine , as long as you dont get a really BAD burn - enjoy mamma!

P.S. = welcome!! :)
    Anonymous

• I have to wear sunscreen. I think my hormones are just out of control. I was out for 30 minutes one day and burnt; even through my clothes! I would just ask your doctor and see what he says.
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 9:07 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Yes, YOU wouldn't tan, but obviously she wants to. Go for it girl! Sunscreen is a good idea if you're going to be out for a long time, but if you're just laying out for a little bit then my doctor said it's fine.
    ours

Answer by ours at 9:07 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I feel so new here.
    I have no idea how to write back to anyone, I'm guessing this isnt like a forum where I can quote certain people?
    Dorothy513

Answer by Dorothy513 at 9:08 PM on May. 4, 2009

• see i really want to tan, but i dont know if it is good for the baby if you are talking about fake baking cause the lights are so close!
    lildancer0711

Answer by lildancer0711 at 9:08 PM on May. 4, 2009

• You just add an answer, you can message people but most of the time you just answer your own question to respond.
    ours

Answer by ours at 9:09 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Okay... is there a group on here for those who plan on excluisvely breastfeeding and are?
    Dorothy513

Answer by Dorothy513 at 9:10 PM on May. 4, 2009

• No.. not fake baking lol.

Like actually laying out. My husband actually is the one who got my stuff outside to layout.. I didnt even want to. But Im glad I didnt let a beautiful day go to waste.
    Dorothy513

Answer by Dorothy513 at 9:11 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Ever hear of skin cancer?
    Anonymous