when will the sickness end

I have been sick with (allergies) thats what im guessing it is, stuffy runny nose, a nasty cough, headaches,sneezing 100 times in a row,itchy eyes...The doctors just keep telling me it will end soon well it's now been 4 months and im starting to go crazy. Does anyone know when this may end or start getting better? or what i can do to make it better? i use claritin but that only does so much and afrin for my nose which i can only use 3 days in a row.. any help would be much appreciated.
Thank You

freshly.married

Asked by freshly.married at 9:03 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Are you pregnant? If so, it's probably your mucous membranes swelling. I was like that until i started using my Neti pot faithfully. It'll take a couple of days to start working, but you need to use it twice a day for the first week or so. Mine got so bad that I started getting ringing in my ears for the pressure differential.

Good luck!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 9:07 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Yes im 18 weeks, what is Neti pot? my ears are starting to itch alot now and im sure it's not going to get any better from there.
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 9:13 PM on May. 4, 2009

• The Neti pot is a nasal saline rinse. You can get it at your local store like Walgreens. I was going to suggest a saline flush or rinse. That helps keep my allergies at bay. I don't use meds too often. It may take some getting used to but I am a big proponent of it! Good luck!
    MarynmomofColby

Answer by MarynmomofColby at 9:18 PM on May. 4, 2009

• ahh okay i'll have to try that next! I rather not use meds but i have no choice it's either i take something or i cant breath or im scratching my eyes out it's horrible but yes i have to try that
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 9:30 PM on May. 4, 2009