When does sex work to induce labor?

I am 3 cm, not effaced but soft cervix, baby is at a -2 station and have been having pretty hard contractions about ever 45 minutes for 3 days. Will sex induce my labor? I know that it isnt a for sure thing...just wondering when it works and when it doesnt. Any advice would be great!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sorry to say that it works when the baby is ready to be born! You are so close and must be so frustrated! Hang in there. Heck, the hardest part is dilating to a 5! You're almost there. Ride it out. Catch up on rest/sleep, eat well, drink until you are really hydrated and take a minute for yourself! Good luck! Congratulations!
    MarynmomofColby

Answer by MarynmomofColby at 9:14 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Well, start now, in some women sex doesn't even affect them .. but hang in there and try to be paitent .. your little one will be here soon, I know it's tough but enjoy the quiet nights while you still have them!!
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 9:19 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Sex can jump start your labor, however it is not a sure bet since it doesn't work for everyone.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 9:20 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I tried and failed heck I even moved into a new place and with the stress of moving that did'nt even do anything and my dr wa shocked
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 9:25 PM on May. 4, 2009

• SEX AND CHAMMOMILE TEA

2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 9:26 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Sex worked for me or at least it helped. Last saterday I had sex lost my mucs plug then finally monday had sex again in between mild contractions and right after my water broke:)
    Chas21

Answer by Chas21 at 11:04 PM on May. 4, 2009