Why is my 1y/o taking his diaper off already!

I have put it on backwards and everything and he still gets it off he CAN NOT be ready to potty train he is to young. He does this right after he pees.

firsttimemommy

Asked by firsttimemommy at 9:15 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• he may be a fast learner and maybe he is ready to be potty trained. I started my girls at that age so he may be ready
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:18 PM on May. 4, 2009

• MINE DOES THAT TOO JUST KEEP SHORTS ON TOO.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 9:27 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Overalls work best in this situation- my daughter did that too and it wasn't pee! YUCK! I will never forget seeing her standing there with poop all over herself and her white crib.
    candygirl1030

Answer by candygirl1030 at 9:40 PM on May. 4, 2009

• if you think they might be ready then go for it. My oldest daughter was like that and was fully potty trained by 18 months. My 3 other girls wasn't like that at all. So just listen to your kid. It won't hurt to start letting him at least look/sit on the potty. Even if he doesn't go.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 10:45 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My son is 7 months old and he is taking his off already.
    Haven_Doug1013

Answer by Haven_Doug1013 at 10:47 PM on May. 4, 2009

• lol he probably just does it cuz he figured out how! My son just learned how to take his pants off and now he does it all the time. I don't think it means anything, other than he thinks its cool that he can do it.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:54 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Even newborns hate wet diapers. They just can't get the dipaer off yet. Yours is doing it because he can and most kids prefer naked. If you don't want to try to potty train (at this age, it's called elimination communication) then try duct tape over the diaper tabs.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:50 PM on May. 4, 2009

• It is norma. You need to put his clothing on backwards (some people use duct tape...)

Answer by rkoloms at 5:53 AM on May. 5, 2009