daughters first birthday?

anyone have a suggestions on food or activites? im clueless. there will be other toddlers at her bday party so im trying to find some things that might keep their attition for aleast a minute lol. any kind of help would be appricated! :)

sarrrr13

Asked by sarrrr13 at 9:19 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• finger foods, make sure no one is allergic. search 1st birthday and a nice list of places will pop up and give good ideas
    lizgriff

Answer by lizgriff at 9:56 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Publix also offers a free first birthday cake when you order a birthday cake.
    lizgriff

Answer by lizgriff at 9:57 PM on May. 4, 2009

• i kept it simple. my parents helped a little bit with the cost, but it wasnt that expensive! we got a $20 custom made Thomas and Friends 1/4 sheet cake from walmart which came with a free small smash cake. then we got some fruit platter dishes. one was with apples and cheese, the other with apples and caramel dip. and we got some chips and dip, fruit punch and iced tea. (I already had soda at home and offered that too). mom also grabbed some pizza but we didnt use it at the party since we had enough! a few youngens attended the party. I was clueless on how to entertain them, but they were so preoccupied entertaining my son and playing with his toys! but I found a bubble machine for $10 at walmart and they were entertained for a couple hours! i found a thomas and friends birthday banner and that was enough for the "theme". everything else was bought at the dollar store (balloons, plates, etc)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:14 PM on May. 4, 2009

• We made our own cake. For snacks we had cheese, crackers, carrot sticks, and apple slices. I bought a $15 pull string pinata and filled it with candy (only because we had a lot of older kids). Then each child decorated a paper bag. After the pinata broke open the children used their bag to get candy. If you don't want to do candy you can fill the pinata with just about anything. Playdoh, crayons, fruit snacks, the possibilities are endless. Good luck and have fun!
    lilblufrog

Answer by lilblufrog at 10:23 PM on May. 4, 2009

• With a first birthday party, you really don't need to plan activities. The kids will be so excited to have differnet toys and kids to play with.

For DD's first birthday, we ordered pizza and wings and I made a few dips (taco and spinach), a veggie tray, chips and dip. And of course we had cake, just got her a huge cupcake in place of the smash cake, and ice cream. And for beverages we did soda, juice and beer.

For her second birthday, we grilled and I did a veggie tray, cheese tray, rye bread and dip, taco dip and rye bread and dip. I did the same thing for drinks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on May. 5, 2009