Do you think its ok??

I am almost 7 weeks prego and I am wanting to do a Zumba class at the local dance studio. I was just wondering if you think its safe for the baby if i take the class? haha sorry if this is kinda dumb!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• wouldn't think so , Ask when you sign up what they think. good luck
    Anonymous

• sorry but what is zumba???
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 9:28 PM on May. 4, 2009

• no i would not. You do not know yet how strong your uterus is. A kick could start a bleed.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 9:31 PM on May. 4, 2009

• no jumpy movements or stretching too much. ever!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 9:32 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I would think that if you were already physically active then it would be ok. I always heard that doctors WANT you to exercise. So if you're a runner, keep running, a swimmer, keep swimming. Etc ETc.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 9:35 PM on May. 4, 2009

• a friend of mine that is a runner, was told by their dr that she could keep running thru her preg until it was too uncomfortable aka the belly was too big! but idk what zumba stuff is, so i would call the dr first just to make sure!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 9:40 PM on May. 4, 2009

• that is not dumb, Nothing is ever dumb. well even though I dont know exactly what zumba is...if its a type of exercise, you can do it if you are already on some sort of exercise or have been keeping in shape. if you are just going to start out, It should be ok if its nothing too crazy, remember to start off slow with whatever type of activity you choose to do.
    angelove77

Answer by angelove77 at 9:56 PM on May. 4, 2009