I see a chiropractor 3 times a week. Today my mom asked me if he touches my neck. I said yes. She said she heard from a neurosurgeon not to let chiros crack your neck because they can f#@# up the nerves in your neck. Anyone have opinions on this? Do I need to stop letting him do that to my neck?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Health

• They always bicker back and forth... It's because you are taking away money from his pocket. Chiro is safe.
    Anonymous

• Well.....I used to have carpal tunnel syndrome, pinched nerves and migraine headaches. The medical doctor wanted to do surgery and prescribe meds. After several visits to the chiropractor, I no longer have those problems and DON'T require surgery or meds. I think I'll stick with my chiropractor.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:52 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I think it depends on why you see your chiro/what your neck problems are. Some problems could be seriously and irreversibly damaged by manipulating the neck, but others can be relieved big time. If you haven't had an MRI of your cervical spine (not an x-ray, but an MRI), I'd get one -then you'll know for sure. Thinking it's okay or not okay isn't as good as knowing for sure, imo, when it comes to something that important. Good luck.
    wymom94

Answer by wymom94 at 6:19 PM on May. 5, 2009

• OP - I am going to the chiropractor for my back and for my hip.... but he cracks my neck as well. So there is nothing wrong with my neck to begin with ... he just does it as part of his routine I guess.
    Anonymous