pre-school question?

hi im looking into pre-schools for my son hes going to be 4 and i keep seeing universal pre-school what does that mean? does it mean allday? because i dont want him stay in school the whole day i feel thats just too much for a 4yr old how many hours should a 4yr old attend pre-school hes always with me i never leave him with anyone except my sister or husband i really dont want him to go nuts because hes in there for 5 hours thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• find a church one like my daughter goes to a Predbyterian church nursery school and the Christian teachers are the best! They hatch baby chicks and go pick apples ect.,! It is 3 days a week 4 hrs a day K-4
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 9:35 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Presbyterian church school look for signs near a church like this,
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 9:36 PM on May. 4, 2009

• my daughter is 4 and she goes every mon wed and fri, from 9-1130am..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:23 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Universal Pre-K programs are for any 4 year old child, regardless of income. The programs may be found in the public school system, faith based or private locations. The law states that by 2012 all 4 year olds will have a preschool program available to them. Typically the program is set up as 2 half day programs. Either 3 or 3 1/2 hours per session. Your are correct, a whole day in preschool is to much. If you need to know more you can send a private message. I work with universal prek programs in my state.
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 3:25 AM on May. 5, 2009

• thank you very much for answering my questions :)!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on May. 5, 2009

• preschool usually is only for a few hours, IMO... if you wanted something longer then it wouold be daycare... my preschool is for 2 hours in the morning on M,W, F for the 4 yr class.
    cldetary

Answer by cldetary at 6:12 PM on May. 6, 2009