SIL Question

I just moved from an old mobile home to a new mobile home and i am a very very clean person. i cannot stand a messy house. I have two children under the age of 3. My SIL has two girls under the age of 2. She lives in this really nice house but she is a slob. She has hard wood floors but you couldn't tell because her dresser drawers are bare and the clothes are all over the floor. The kids dont have room to really play and i think she is nasty. The show how clean is your house would walk right back out of there saying F**K this. They have not cleaned a house this bad. Anyway....she would not come to my old home because she said it looked bad.(from the outside) now I am in a new trailer and she still says it is "not suitable". Now I don't understand. This is what I can afford right now. Why should my hubby's sister be bashing our home. She won't even let us see the kids unless we come to her house. What would you do/say to her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Home & Garden

• There's nothing you can say to her. She just wouldn't get it. If it's important to you that you see her kids, then just go to her house. Walk around with a look of digust on your face. Do what you can to get over how you feel, because I don't think she will give a damn how you feel. The jokes on her, so don't let her make you feel poorly about yourself. I'd rather have someone like you as a SIL then someone like her any day.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 10:08 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I would write a letter to her saying this all very nicely and talk or talk to your brother. She sounds rather highclass and prob. does not know she comes off this way to others like a snob!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 9:45 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I would say she has the problem not you .
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 9:45 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I also have lived in trailers. With no complaints. They kept me dry and warm And that is all you really need. It has been said over and over '' Honesty is the best policy" So be honest tell you SIL that she is a snob and she needs to grow up and accept that you are doing the best you can and are happy. If she dont like that ....well you are probally better with out her. Sometime the truth hurts.
    chedhead

Answer by chedhead at 10:14 PM on May. 4, 2009