Do you think we should have invetro?

Many who do it have mutiple babies etc. Also is it really up to us to decide....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I do not believe in it. I thought I couldn't get pregnant so I gave up and took good care of animals. Suddenly at 40 I got pregnant. I truly think it was meant to be. G-d blessed me with a child. But if I didn't get pregnant no way would I have done invetro. I don't believe in FORCING NATURE.
    Anonymous

• Yeah. Who else would. Since the risk of multiples is so high, I'd read a few parenting books or threads on here about the troubles of parenthood. Then ask yourself "Am I up for it? Am I up for it times 2? 3? 4?" Can you handle stretch marks, morning sickness, long labor, possible complications, sore/cracked nipples, no sleep, always having a baby or 2 in your arms, putting someone else's needs before your wants, the PP hormones? If you can, go for it. If you do, prepare and educate yourself. Be ready for anything. You don't wanna be caught with a colicky baby or a bad breast latch and not know what to do.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 9:52 PM on May. 4, 2009

• nope I think it just is not right
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:54 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I would do it, if I had the resources and really wanted another baby. It's VERY expensive though, and I will be happy with my two kids. I know what it's like to want a baby really bad, my son will be 8 in July and I have wanted another since he was 2 months old, lol. I have a friend who is about to go for her first try with in vitro as a surrogate mom, I am wishing these people baby dust! If you really want a child, I think it's okay. Like jus1jess, said there is a lot of work that comes with babies, but in vitro seems like a big hassle too, you have to take a LOT of medications beforehand and it's still not guaranteed to have a healthy baby in the end... but yeah, it's totally up to us to decide.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 11:12 PM on May. 4, 2009

• If it will not bankrupt your family, it's an option. If it will stretch the family finances too thin (or even break them) then it's not worth it.
    As for how many - yes it is up to you, in part. No decent doctor will implant more than 3 embyos, most limit it to two. You can always discuss this with your doctor and opt for just 1 or 2. If more babies develop than that (identical twins for example) then you have the choice to keep them all or do a selective abortion - again, that is up to you.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:49 PM on May. 4, 2009