what if I cant take my prenatal vitamins?

because sometimes they make me feel sick. will it be bad or is it a must to take them? i havent taken them for the past three days cuz I just throw them back up. but today I took half of one, I figure if that can stay down, should be better than nothing right? I am also 10 weeks. Thanks ;)

angelove77

Asked by angelove77 at 9:52 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• maybe take them with a meal?
    Like dinner.

and if you really can't take them at all, just take 2 flinstone vitamins a day.
    That's what a friends doc told her to do.
    LoniRae89

Answer by LoniRae89 at 9:54 PM on May. 4, 2009

• take half in the a.m. with breakfast and half before you go to bed. if you can't stomach the morning half, take all of it with a snack before bed and that should help
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:54 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Try taking 2 flinstone vitamins a day. If you can't keep those down, then it's okay to wait until your morning sickness goes away. Try again when you are 3 or 4 months along and you should be able to take them. They are mostly to keep nutrition in your body since your baby takes all of what you already have. I didn't take them very often and my daughter came out fine.
    Anonymous

• I only take my vitamins when I've felt ok for the entire day. And I take them at night. I have yet to be able to take them two nights in a row. I'm 17 weeks.
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 9:57 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I agree with taking the Flintstones. Just ask your OB.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:03 PM on May. 4, 2009

• my doctor told me to wait until im about to lay my head down to take them. That really helped me out alot. But you really need to try as hard as you can to take them even if they do make you sick.
    mommyofbrayd473

Answer by mommyofbrayd473 at 10:06 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I couldn't take any with my first pregnancy, and she was born perfect and healthy and still is.

This pregnancy I was really good in the beginning, but they started to make me throw up so I'm giving up until I start to feel better, then I'll give it a go again.

I did try flintsones and they helped for a while, but the chalky texture and taste got to me.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 10:12 PM on May. 4, 2009

• try taking them before bed, right when you lay down. you won't feel as sick in the morning either.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:20 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I take 2 flintstones a day, and as long as you don't mind the flavors, I was told by a doctor and a pharmacist that they are ok to take.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 10:46 PM on May. 4, 2009

• yay my doctor told me its better not to take them if you are going to get sick and loss weight when taking then try when your ready and if you are worried take flinstones to get some vitamins good luck!!
    Reneemommy

Answer by Reneemommy at 11:00 PM on May. 4, 2009