Sickness question..

I was diagnosed with ear infections on Friday and started antibiotics (augmenton). Shouldn't I be feeling better by now? I am feeling so much worse. I have a call in to the doctor but I am thinking this is not just a simple infection. I woke up with a cough and my kids are coughing too. (No fevers)

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 9:56 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Health

• since everyone else is coughing now too i would assume its not an ear infection, probably more of a cold. its probably not any type of infection if antibiotics aren't working at all
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:02 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I would call the doc seeing your kids are sick too and you aren't getting any better. Hope you all feel better soon.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:29 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I agree sounds like a virus more. Did the doctor see the infection in your ears when you were diagnosed ?
    I have often had "ear pain" like an infection before getting a sinus issue/cold and I try to clear it up with sudafed and motrin. It's from the pressure.

Anonymous

• Yes, she said they both were infected, red, and fluid filled.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:47 AM on May. 5, 2009