cold medicine

ok i'm 37 weeks i can't find my list from my doc of ok meds (just the reg list, no weird restrictions) and military docs don't have an after hours, you have to call labor and delivery, they won't tell me what i can take unless i go in b/c they suck butt. so anyone have the list from their doc and if so what cold meds are on it that are listed as ok? i've got a stuffy nose and a cough....thanks!

vabchmommy

Asked by vabchmommy at 9:56 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Cough - Delsym
    Nasal Congestion- Saline Spray or Sudafed (not PE and not if you have high blood pressure)
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 10:02 PM on May. 4, 2009

• You can take the REGULAR robitussin and the REGULAR sudafed and REGULAR tylenol, per MY OB.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:02 PM on May. 4, 2009

• You can take coricidine. it is perfectly fine for a preg. woman. also try sitting in a hot steamy room. it should clear you up..also try very spicy salsa. even sniffing it could unstuff you. if you eat it, it could also send you into labor..lol
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:02 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Then it says for Runny Nose/Allergies you can take Tylenol Cold, Alavert, Chlor-Trimeton or Claritin.
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 10:03 PM on May. 4, 2009

• thanks ladies!
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:05 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My OB list says you can't take any cold meds. If you need something right now I would say drink a cup of hot tea w/ honey and lemon unti; you can talk to your doctor. There is always tylenol for headaches. I know cough drops even say to consult your doctor before taking them when you're pregnant
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 10:51 PM on May. 4, 2009