What do you think my chances are????

I am 36 weeks pregnant. I will be having my second c-section which they are doing on May 22 (at 39 weeks.) For the last 7 weeks, I have had SERIOUS vomitting issues to the point that my esophagus is so raw it actually hurts to swallow anything. I'm not at the point that whenever ANYTHING hits my stomach it's a race to the bathroom. I've been in the hospital 6 different times for dehydration and dehydration induced contractions. I've had numerous tests done and even saw a hematologist, and yet no one can figure out what is causing all of this. I see my OB tomorrow, what do you think are my chances of getting him to do my c-section within the week?

TheDiva320

Asked by TheDiva320 at 9:57 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am only 11 weeks and i had the same thing going on i could not keep anything down and this was way more serious than my ordinary morning sickness!!! they didnt tell me anything after going to the er twice and talking to doctor maybe its a bug??? idk but chances are slim unless you go into labor!!
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 10:00 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Throw a fit. Not a "wah my tummy hurts" fit but a "I'VE NEVER BEEN SO MISERABLE IN MY LIFE YOU NEED TO HELP ME I KNOW THE BABY WILL BE HEALTHY AT 37 WEEKS!!"

haha, seriously though. It's the only way to get them to listen to you, oh and make sure you walk in confident and with your facts straight.
    ours

Answer by ours at 10:03 PM on May. 4, 2009

• If the baby is in danger from all of this (which is very likely) they should get him/her out of you asap.

Ask them a lot of questions about the health of your baby, and tell them you are worried about the effects your sickness is having on it.

I'm sorry you feel so crappy. Good luck!
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 10:08 PM on May. 4, 2009

• LOL! Ours, i totally plan on throwing a full on temper tantrum. I literally have NEVER been so miserable in my life! Throughout all this they have kept an eye on the baby, who seems to be doing just fine. But regardless, I feel like I"m gonna die, and all this puking and jerking of muscles really can't be good for him.

Thanks guys!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:15 PM on May. 4, 2009

• you may have better luck at 38 weeks
    momdallas

Answer by momdallas at 10:32 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Ugh! I'm not sure I will make it to 38 weeks. My first pregnancy was SO easy. When they say no 2 are the same, they are NOT kidding. I'm worried all the time. My 4 year old is scared to death everytime I puke and he won't even let me leave my bedroom now. If I get up to use the bathroom, he asks if I'm gonna puke. And if I puke, he starts crying and shaking. THAT worries me. What it's doing to the baby is worrying me, and what it's doing to ME is worrying me! I've even spent a few nights in the bathroom with a pillow because there was NO POINT in trying to get in bed. I just am at my wits end! Thanks for reading this and letting me whine!!! Y'all are great!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:50 PM on May. 4, 2009

• i have no advice but just wanted to say im sorry youre having to go through this especially with a 4 year old who seems extremely worried about his mommy. my fingers are crossed for you that the doctors let you do what you want to do. hope it all gets better for you soon!!!
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 11:00 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I feel for you, hon. I'm with OURS, go to the doc and demand results. They'll do what's convenient for them if you let them. You and your son don't need to be going through hell to accomodate your OB's schedule. That breaks my heart that your ds is so freaked out; he should be excited for his baby brother/sister. I hope he sees him/her soon! Good luck today!!
    MissBearNMonkey

Answer by MissBearNMonkey at 10:05 AM on May. 5, 2009