What is the best moderately priced breast pump should I buy? Any suggestions would be great

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The Medela hand pump is great if you want something manual.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:02 PM on May. 4, 2009

• If you plan on pumping more than once a week then I would get something electric. I hated hand pumps. I think target sells some good ones, plan on spending at least $100 for a good one, and read lots of reviews. I know it seems pricey, but think of all the money you'll be saving not having to buy formula.

I personally have the Ameda breast pump (bought online, you can google it) and loved it! It was a little over $200 I think.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 10:06 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I personally prefer Avent to any other brand when it comes to bottles and pumps. The nipple designs and the pumps are made to be as natural as man made can be. the bottle nipples are designed as close to real nipples as possible, their bottles have also been helping to reduce colic ever since I was introduced to the brand. The pumps have a design that are made to imitate a baby sucking too. For pads and nipple cream I go with Lansinoh, but I'm a very loyal customer once I find something I like. Avent tends to be expensive if you go to secondhand stores like ebay. I found sets of 3 (4 oz and 9 oz) bottle packs at Safeway for around 7 and 15 dollars. Online they want around 20 for the 4 oz You might try renting pumps too if you're not sure. You can also borrow from a friend or call your local WIC office and if you like it buy it.
    IhrkeGirl

Answer by IhrkeGirl at 10:29 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I got one from wal-mart for 50.00 the best investment I ever made during pregnency. it is a double brested pump. and i loved it.
    momdallas

Answer by momdallas at 10:30 PM on May. 4, 2009