• In the Spotlight:

when does the morning sickness get better?

excitedmomma2be

Asked by excitedmomma2be at 10:10 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Usually when you are 3-4 months along it lets up, and usually goes away. Some people have it the whole time. It just depends.
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 10:12 PM on May. 4, 2009

• i started feeling "back to normal" in the beginning of the second trimester!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:15 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Yep, usually after the first trimester. Unfortunately sometimes it stays the whole time. It did with my first - although I threw up a lot less after the first trimester, but was still sick to my stomach all the time. On the positive side, it keeps you from gaining that much weight during pregnancy. LOL!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:16 PM on May. 4, 2009

• every preg is different
    i had friends that had none
    others that had it for the first 3 months
    i had it all day the whole stinking time
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:30 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I had horrible morning sickness the entire first trimester, and had read that for most women it goes away in the 2nd trimester. The sickness was soo bad I kept praying that the books would be right, but I thought "..with my luck i will have it the whole time".. like clock work.. the first or second week of my second trimester I just woke up one morning feeling no sickness, and even had more energy. it was awesome! I also read that it sometimes comes back in the third trimester, which mine did not, thank god! I hope the same happens for you!
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 10:38 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My morning sickness hasn't gone away. I'm sosmall that I have to take daily medication to keep it undercontrol. I'm so lucky that I got ptyalism along with it. this is when your body makes too much spit and if you swallow it, well gee it upsets your stomach. Lucky huh? lol, it took 2 doctors to figure out how to keep it under control because I had to go to the ER to get fluids twice. This type of morning sickness, normally not that normal, is hyper garv-something but it means really really bad morning sickness. My cure is a sleep aid (unisom) and the old fashioned morning sickness vitamin B6. I also take my prenatal vitamins before I go to bed instead of in the morning.
    IhrkeGirl

Answer by IhrkeGirl at 10:40 PM on May. 4, 2009