Why do second time moms

show sooner than the first time? I keep trying to suck in like I've been since I've had my son (who's five months) because I didn't show till like 3 months last time. Right now I just feel fat and weird because I seem to already have a bump.

ours

Asked by ours at 10:24 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You body is already prestreached from the first baby! Your bump is probably not fat at all, it's a real honest to goodness baby bump! Enjoy it for me, I am 17 weeks and mine really is just fat so far, lol!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 10:26 PM on May. 4, 2009

• because after each enlarging of the uterus the muscle gets bigger it NEVER completely returns to its original shape it is the same reason USUALLY the next baby is a little bigger, then the next a little bigger then that..
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:27 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Oh god no I hope not! Dresden was 9lbs and he was EARLY! haha
    ours

Answer by ours at 10:28 PM on May. 4, 2009

• And thank you "kitten" :] Maybe I'll stop trying to suck in and fight it lol
    ours

Answer by ours at 10:29 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I was in maternity clothes and had more than a bump at 6 wks. when I was pregnant with my ds. Granted I was overweight to start but at 6 weeks my stomach got firmer and rounder.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 10:41 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I belong to a group of moms due in October and I saw some really EARLY growth! With my son I didn't really show enough for people to know at all until I was 6 months. I have a friend who is not quite 2 months along and she looks PREGNANT! She absolutely has this cute little belly! I do think my jeans are a little tight today though, lol.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 10:57 PM on May. 4, 2009

• its not all true that the second is biggr my DD was the biggest out of the two and I am prego with my third,,,,with my first two i never really showed tell 7-8 mnths along but with one i am actually showing some where a friend has said awwww look at the baby belly which has kind of been annoying abit LOL. and i am only two mnths along..... so dont feel off momma all pregnancies are different in weigt and showing.....
    kelpresmommy

Answer by kelpresmommy at 2:05 AM on May. 5, 2009