DH's homework...

I wasn't sure which section to put this in so here goes...my DH just recently started going to school online. He's only taking 2 classes. He had homework to do today and instead watched a movie. He works nights, so he left for work(late, because he took a nap after his movie), and then calls me asking me to finish his homework because its due at midnight. I really don't want to do it. But I also don't want his grades to suffer. But I'm very upset with him! What would you think of him asking you to do his oceanography homework? Would you do it this one time? Not at all to "teach" him a "lesson"? where's the line between wife and mother?

rosesNclovers

Asked by rosesNclovers at 10:25 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• no way he sighned up for school not you
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:26 PM on May. 4, 2009

• It's HIS homework, not yours. If it's not done, it's his fault. If he wants to do the schooling, then he needs to prioritize and not watch a movie until his RESPONSIBILITIES are handled.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:28 PM on May. 4, 2009

• that's what I told him earlier when he started asking me and I said no way. but if he fails, it will be "my fault" for not doing it. I know it won't be my fault really, it will be his fault, but he will blame me. Which is why I'm really upset with him right now. He tried getting me to his homework a couple weekends ago and tried to sweeten the deal by saying "you can get a college education". I wanted to slap him.
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 10:30 PM on May. 4, 2009

• heck no! tell him to grow up and do his own homework!
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:31 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I'd make a deal with him. You do his homework if he does something for you...whatever you want!
    Anonymous

• Don't do his homework! Buy his ass a desk calender and tell him to write down his assignments! He knew that he could either do his homework, or watch a movie. Tell him that I said he shouldn't waste the money if he isn't ready to buckle down, college classes can get pretty tough! Okay, I am going to get off cafemom and do my homework now, seriously!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 10:34 PM on May. 4, 2009

• that would be a could idea anon, except he always gets out of his end of the deal. but I come up with something good
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 10:41 PM on May. 4, 2009

• You need to seriously work these types of issues out and not cave in. I know because my DH and I go through this all the time. All it does is make me resent him, and that's not good. It will build up, and you don't want to have that happen. It isn't your fault, and if you do this, then it will be other things in other areas of your life too. What you should do tonight? I don't know, but definitely this needs to be addressed.
    Anonymous

• No way. I would never do that. He knew it was due he should've got off his ass and did it.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 10:58 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Do it...but do a crappy job. That way he will still get some credit. Then just tell him sorry but you know nothing about oceanography. I bet he won't be asking you to do it again.
    Anonymous