answer

my friends son is almost and he still wants breast milk.. yesterday we were at a sunday dinner and he just got on his mothers lap and opened her blouse and wanted a boob and started to try to suck her tit.. She took him in a back room and breast feed him. now is that normal? wat age should he havs stoped breast feeding or shouls she have started him on sippy cups and stop breast feadin? wat age is it normal to breast feedin?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!
    it has nothing to do with you. and that boy is NOT your son. so it doesnt matter what YOU think about it. if he wants to breastfeed then fine. let him. it doesnt hurt you.

god...
    Anonymous

• you skipped how old the baby was..... but anyways, as long as the kid isnt like 10...ok overly exaggerated, but ages 2 and 3 are still a normal age to breastfeed. not very accepted in this society, but they can still benefit from the breastmilk!
    Anonymous

• My little sis breast feed until she was two.

you left out the age!!!
    Haven_Doug1013

Answer by Haven_Doug1013 at 10:40 PM on May. 4, 2009

• its not something i would do. but thats just it.. its not me and its not you its THEIR choice.
    why worry about it?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:41 PM on May. 4, 2009

• When mom & baby / child mutually decide to stop is when it is appropriate. There is no magic age.

Anonymous

• The first answer could have kept their opinion to themself. Maybe her friend wants some help with this.
    Anonymous

• the anon didnt have to keep their opinion to themselves because this person asked a question and i voiced what i thought about it. just as she asked!!
    she never said her friend wanted help with it and if she did, i would have changed my answer accordingly. but she didnt. im going off what she DID say...

i stand by my answer!
    Anonymous

• Yes it's normal for a child to want the nutritious comfort of breastfeeding. Weaning usually happens well into or after toddlerhood. Breastfeeding can't be pushed or forced. It's the child who needs it. And the average age when children stop wanting it is 4. But there is NO age that makes it not ok. It's great for their health, oral development, immune system, emotional well being. etc at any age.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 10:53 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I think most women stop after a year, but breast milk can benefit a child of any age.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 10:53 PM on May. 4, 2009

• You don't need to stop at any age cause there's not a single negative to breastfeeding. So what makes anyone think it "should" stop at a certain point? My BFed DD never used mouth rotting sippy cups. Even though she can use adult cups, that doesn't mean she has to stop nursing.
    Anonymous