Is this really wrong?

My DD played on a bowling league during the winter and befriended a girl on her team. During the time, I had asked the girl's mother which camp she sends her too, since I'm new to town and she told me that she didn't like the one her daughter attended last year and said that she was going to let her stay with a relative this year. Well I said, I'm definitely not doing that, I'm going to look into this Camp XX. So she said, oh they have good trips but they're expensive, she suggested that we sign the girls up for the weeks of the best trip and I kind of said OK, we'll see. Well she called me about a month ago and we picked out 2 weeks. My DD will be attending during the whole program, but she'll still only send her DD those 2 weeks due to cost. So now a month later, I find out about a new camp that is cheaper and sounds better and DD wants to go. So am I committed to this camp with her or can I back out? Her DD registered.

LadyEb

Asked by LadyEb at 10:39 PM on May. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• Hmmmmm. Interesting situation lol. I mean technically you are not COMMITTED but you might hurt your daughter's friend and her mother's feelings. Maybe call the other mom and talk to her about it?
    Anonymous

• well if had already registered my child at an expensive camp b/c i thought she would be going with yours id be pretty pissed if your child backed out.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:42 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Yeah, I'd be pissed too but at the same time she's only paying for 2 weeks, I'd have to pay the higher rate for the whole summer - 9 weeks.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 10:46 PM on May. 4, 2009

• If the other mom can get her registration back because the summer hasn't started yet then see if she'll do that and go to the other camp. If she can't back out too then maybe just send your child for the same 2 weeks and then they can both go to the other camp for the remainder or something. It might be a good thing if they came home for a short break to see family and have familiar settings.
    IhrkeGirl

Answer by IhrkeGirl at 10:55 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Wow, I can't imagine being away from my kid for 9 whole weeks. As a kid, I probably would have loved it though. I don't know what to tell you on this one. Good luck, I hope it all works out.
    Anonymous

• Call the camp and find out if the other girl can back out. The bring it up to her mom.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 12:45 AM on May. 5, 2009

• FYI - it's not an overnight camp, this is daycamp. The trips I refer too are just day trips to like the zoo, etc.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 8:32 AM on May. 5, 2009