my mucus plug came out this evening!...

how much longer now? ive been getting crampy a lot and goin # 2 alot

mzmegank21

Asked by mzmegank21 at 10:39 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• there's no tellin! but thats a good sign! especially if the plug has a little brown in it!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:41 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Probably really soon. With my first 2 pregs it happened right away but with my last it happened a whole week before labor really began.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:42 PM on May. 4, 2009

• It can take up to 8 weeks to go into labor. Obviously it would depend on how far along you are though.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:44 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Every pregnancy is different. Losing your mucus is a good sign that things are progressing in your pregnancy, but there is really no set time that you will go into labor after losing it. Just go by how far along you are, thats the best timeline you have.
    imeddiesmommy

Answer by imeddiesmommy at 10:56 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Both times my mucus plug fell out about an hour before labor started. Not everyone is like that though unfortunately. Could be anytime really....

Good luck with the delivery !!!
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 11:16 PM on May. 4, 2009

• good luck... i lost mine 2 weeks before i got induced at 39 weeks from pre eclampsia. hope you dont have to wait that long!
    tatmum

Answer by tatmum at 11:48 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I've been losing bits and pieces of mine for the last 2 weeks. And on Friday May 1st was my last doctors appointment, which at the time I had been 37 weeks and 6 days. I was checked and I am 1 cm dilated and 70-80% effaced. It's now Tuesday May 5th and still no baby. A lot of period like cramping though and backache. Hoping that on Friday they tell me I'm farther dilated. Best of Luck, I know it's hard to wait. I'm now 38 weeks and 3 days and I'm getting very tired and impatient.
    Mommy2Serenity

Answer by Mommy2Serenity at 5:12 PM on May. 5, 2009