Can tooooo much drama and stress cause prematurity?

I need to know because where I live, there is nothing but stress and drama. I feel like all 9 planets are on my shoulders and I need to know if I need to get out now or be patient........HELP!

QueenMommy1991

Asked by QueenMommy1991 at 10:41 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Too much stress can cause pre-term labor which will could result in premature birth. Also, any stress you are feeling the baby is feeling.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:43 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Go for walks when things get hectic. Try to get yourself some fresh air and clear your mind. Too much stress can cause problems...but it really all depends on you. It doesn't cause probs with everyone. Try to take it easy and let things roll off your shoulders.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:43 PM on May. 4, 2009

• yes it can, but it really varies person to person depending on how much stress the person can handle. if you think its that extreme, talk to your dr about it and see what he says
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:44 PM on May. 4, 2009

• you know my daughter was born July 20 and was due Sept 6th.. I did not have ANY risk factors excpt stress and I am positive that is why she was pre term-- my son (my daughter was like 15 months when I got prego with him) I kicked out ALL the stressors and he was born right on time even thought they were sure I'd wind up going early again! I'm sure it was the stress 100%
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:50 PM on May. 4, 2009

• yes stress is very unhealthy for anyone!...it's no joke..but i would block it out and go out for walks, talk to your closest friend, go out with them...write in a journal before you go to bed! that's what i did..it works pretty well..anything bothering you just write it down.
    mzmegank21

Answer by mzmegank21 at 10:58 PM on May. 4, 2009

• stress is TERRIBLE for pregnancy..it can cause ALOT of problems id get rid of the problem before it causes a problem but if for osme reason you cant id definently look for ways to ease to stress
    Anonymous

• Stay away from as much stress as possible!
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 11:43 PM on May. 4, 2009