Anyone else have irregular &/or elevated heartrate while pregnant?

I landed myself in Urgent Care today (after calling my doctor they advised I be checked out) when I rolled over in bed & all of a sudden felt as if I had been excersizing all morning! My heart was beating so fast & so hard that it was slightly painful & quite worrisome. However, by the time I got in to see the doctor at UC I had returned to normal. They hooked me up to an EKG & said everything looked fine & then they checked baby's heartbeat which was fine as well. They said it was probably nothing to worry about. I am VERY limited on my caffine intake (just about zero except some chocolate lol), don't do too much physical activity (I was put on mild bedrest), & hadn't even gotten out of bed yet today. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem while pregnant. Oh, & I'm 14w & some days if that makes a difference...

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 10:54 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When I was on bedrest I started getting palpitations. They kept me awake at night they were so bad. My heart skipped beats all the time.

Now I still have them. I think it's something about bedrest. You're not supposed to get that little physical activity, and it affects your heart. It's better now that I exercise more often.

No one seemed to worried when I had it either. I think it's just one of those things that some pregnant women get.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:04 PM on May. 4, 2009

• yes i had that too! i would start to get really light headed and see black dots... and my chest would start racing, and it felt like i couldnt breathe in at all...

i went to the hosp for this as well and they said it was normal. and even though i wasnt that far along, it is due to everything in your belly changing and moving around.
    i thought the dr was full of it because i just felt wrong, but i now i agree that thats what it was..

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:57 PM on May. 4, 2009

• There was some chick on here awhile ago that had something like that...she was always talking about it. Maybe she can help?
    Anonymous

• I had some heart beat issues and was told it was normal. It has something to do with the hormone levels and when they get elevated.
    Cassandra258

Answer by Cassandra258 at 2:18 AM on May. 5, 2009