how did you...

play or entertain your month old baby?... i have a month old daughter and she is my first, just wondering what i can do to stimulate her and entertain her.... she sleeps alot and i wanna be able to try to keep her awake a little more and entertain her... make her laugh and stuff... any idea?..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sing nursery rhymes! babies love rhythm and yes she will take it all in! babies that young wont have an interest in toys yet, but if you have something like a soft stuffed animal you can hold your baby's hand and have her feel the soft fur. and say "oooooh that feels so soft!"
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:01 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My sister gave me a baby yoga book. I set the baby on a padded surface and mover her body into different positions. There are different positions to stimulate bowel movements, easier gas passing, and even a few to snap her out of a crying fit.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 11:02 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Putting her on her tummy on a comfortable blanket will help her develop her neck and chest muscles. You can talk to her while she wiggles around. Plus showing her brightly colored toys will help her learn to focus on an object. Just keep in mind that infants do sleep alot, and if shes sleepy she might get frustrated if you are pressing her to play. Enjoy the fact that she sleeps alot right now, because toddlers are full of energy! :)
    imeddiesmommy

Answer by imeddiesmommy at 11:13 PM on May. 4, 2009

• and you dont DEFF dont want her to get over tired. i had that problem once man that was a horrible night. just show her things, talk to her, make her legs kick slowly. play with her hands, tickle her, make funny noises. otherwise i got nothing lol.
    LA09TKP

Answer by LA09TKP at 11:33 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I got the art baby books "Spot And Dots" and "Hearts And Stars" from Amazon.com. My son LOVED them in his first few months. No words. Just a bunch of colors and shapes to help baby learn to focus and differentiate contrasting colors and shapes. I would hold arms length away and slowly draw the page into view to about 8 inches away fromhis eyes, and then slowly pull it away to arms length again. Sometimes I'd put him on his tummy and flip slowly through the pages, pointing out each shape and color.
    Ophy

Answer by Ophy at 1:07 AM on May. 5, 2009

• You know what would keep her really really occupied? Sit her on your lap, have her look at your face. Let her sleep as much as she wants but when she's awake, sit her on your lap or chest. Or lay her on her tummy on th efloor with you laying across from her an dhave her stare at your face. She will get a kick out of it. Tummy time should be only a few moments at first when she cries she's done.
    Cassandra258

Answer by Cassandra258 at 2:05 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Let sleeping babies lie! When she is awake and alert, talk to her! Take her for walks outside and talk about everything that you see. Be sure that she is getting tummy time on the floor every day - this is important for developing muscle tone. Read to her every day.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:47 AM on May. 5, 2009