What has a childs dr or nurse ever said/done/didnt do that pissed you off?

My daughter has had a high fever for 3 days and no other symptoms- No sneezing, coughing, vomiting nothing- she is even eating just fine! (8 months old) We took her to urgent care. cause her pediatritions office was closed and she was getting worse. Urgent care asks us a few Qs and sends us home with a bill and a slip that says she has a cold. A high fever for 72 hours no other symptoms and they guess a cold?! I am very annoyed. .. very pissed- we should find out tommorrow what if anything is really wrong btw

jhj4ever

Asked by jhj4ever at 11:31 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My doctor told me to give my daughter a bottle. She was 7 weeks old and exclusively breastfed. When I explained that I didn't want to risk nipple confusion she said "It's good for them to learn to take both, and if she ends up preferring the bottle you can always just pump." Ugh. I explained that that would decrease my supply unless she wanted to pay for a hospital grade pump and she just said "Oh." andthen said the same shit the next time I saw her. I was LIVID.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:33 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Justin Logan

jhj4ever

Answer by jhj4ever at 11:34 PM on May. 4, 2009

• I was just talking about this to my friend. Iswitched doctors cause he seems to think all my son's problems big or small are due to him co sleeping! and we are wrong for letting him cosleep. That is fine but do no judge me before you get the WHOLE story cause there is a really good one to why he cosleeps you ass. He would never listen to my problems I hated it. It was always EVERY child does that...and I was like well MY child is an individual can we making just look at the problem before you say every child does it. UGH
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 11:35 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My sick baby doesnt this just break your heart?!
    jhj4ever

Answer by jhj4ever at 11:36 PM on May. 4, 2009

• maybe she is teething really bad? Ear ache? did they check her for a bladder or UTI infection? Im sorry hun... hope the poor thing feels better!!!!!! GL mama
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 11:37 PM on May. 4, 2009

• The one doctor in our practice talks way too fast. Even when you tell her to slow down, she just can't. She's got ONE speed and it's mach 5 lol. We schedule with the other doctors instead.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:06 AM on May. 5, 2009

• They didn't do any blood work, check ears, urine and lungs???? I guess I would be pissed too! There are several things besides a cold that could cause a high fever... ear infection, UTI, or pneumonia.
    If those were all checked and clear and nothing showed up on the blood work with a high white count... then I would say virus... but you have to rule out the other common things first!
    The only doc that ever upset me was at my own primary clinic... when I found I out I was pregnant before I saw my OB... she came in and said, Congrats... follwed by talking all about miscarrages! Yes I know it's a risk... and I don't want to think about it right after I see a little pink line I've been trying to get for 11 months!!! It would have been one thing if I had some kind of bleeding or something... geez!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:40 AM on May. 5, 2009

• I would take her to another doctor. Poor thing she could have a UTI or an ear infection. Or take her to the nearest hospital. Make them do a full work up so you can be at ease and she can start feeling better! Poor baby. I hope all is well soon.
    Cassandra258

Answer by Cassandra258 at 1:43 AM on May. 5, 2009

• My pedi keeps pushing fluorinated water. He pushed vitamins and baby food too. He threatened to call CPS cause I don't vax (he should know he legally can't do that), and talks like a damn zombie. I was really pissed when a nurse in the baby nursery at the hospital tried to give my newborn a paci after I said not to. She didn't notice I was in there and saw her.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 1:54 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Hah, WHICH doctor?
    First pediatrician knew my son had been diagnosed with GERD at a children's specialty hospital. When told that my kiddo nursed CONSTANTLY and cried almost any time he wasn't eating, his advice? "Let him cry and feed him on a schedule." A. No. My baby wasn't even 3 months old. Fuck that. B. Scheduling is the #1 way to FAIL at breastfeeding. That guy didn't even HAVE his own kids.
    I had another pediatrician tell me that my kid needed to stop co-sleeping and we needed to get him out of our bed as it'd only get harder as he got older (which ISN'T true - they choose to LEAVE the parent's bed when they're comfortable... generally long before they start preschool even).
    We had another woman who was a complete bitch and made both my kiddo AND I uncomfortable, she was rude, didn't make any attempt at making my kid comfortable.
    [cont]
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 2:11 AM on May. 5, 2009