She Doesn't See The Dr till June... Could She Be teething?

Ok I looked up some symptoms but want to hear from moms who have been through teething. She has two white spots on her gums, she is always chewing/biting/gnawing, rubs her cheeks, pulling her ears, has a chin rash, drools, has a temp of 100.2, is irritable, trouble sleeping, theres more i just cant think, I sent her to bed with tylenol, oral gel and a paci. What do you guys think? OH she is 8 almost 9 months.

Trinity0820

Asked by Trinity0820 at 11:33 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oh yeah shes deff teething.
    LA09TKP

Answer by LA09TKP at 11:35 PM on May. 4, 2009

• How long does it normally take to get a tooth??
    Trinity0820

Answer by Trinity0820 at 11:37 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Yep teething.
    How long? No way to tell. For example, my daughter started teething at 3 months. The first tooth didn't break through until nearly 6 months. Other kids have no symptoms at all or only right at the last day or two before the tooth breaks through.

Get a variety of teething toys - our favorites were the cloth "star fish" with a different teething texture on each tip, the vibrating star and the vibrating bumble bee. And oralgel is pointless so don't rely on it - it lasts about 15 mintues and can only be applied 4 times a day.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:46 PM on May. 4, 2009

• my daughter did that exact same thing for 3 weeks before each tooth, but she had a higher fever, and diarreah. good luck :(
    tatmum

Answer by tatmum at 11:54 PM on May. 4, 2009

• Sounds just like teething. There is an otc homeopathic teething tablet that works wonders on this issue. I gave it to my son, I have used it myself on mouth ulcers, works WONDERS!!!! Buy them at Rite Aid, Walgreens, any where that sells baby supplies. Any brand will do, as long as they are teething tablets. If you think it's something worse such as an ear infection call the doctor. If you don't want to sit throug a sick visit take her to a Dr. Xpress, or something like that. they can check her ears and put you at ease. Otherwise use the teething tablets and tylenol. The tablets will dull the pain now and the tylenol will keep it at bay.
    Cassandra258

Answer by Cassandra258 at 1:39 AM on May. 5, 2009

• Oh I forgot to mention, get her one of those teething toothbrushes. It's got nubbies on it she can chew. Kills two birds, you clean her mouth and she gets to chew.
    Cassandra258

Answer by Cassandra258 at 1:40 AM on May. 5, 2009