Can anyone provide some insight on bloody show?

Ok, this is my 3rd pregnancy but first experience with bloody show. My OB stripped my membranes this morning and I have been having contractions all day since then and now I have bloody show too. Just curious as to what this means...I've had contractions on and off for 2 weeks now but I am hoping that all these contractions today and now the show mean real labor will come soon? Any ideas, info, etc is greatly appreciated!

mcquistionmom2

Asked by mcquistionmom2 at 11:37 PM on May. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• bloody show usually means labor (atleast thats how it was with b/f sisiter who had her baby a month ago) when you have bloody show your supposed to go to the Dr. how far apart are your contractions?
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 11:59 PM on May. 4, 2009

• My water broke w/in an hour after I had bloody show, but that doesn't happen with every woman. You can have bloody show for awhile (even a couple of days) before things get really cranked up. All it is is your cervix ripening. The little vessels sometimes rupture and just create a pink mucous. If it becomes at all bright red, then you need to contact your care giver. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it since you had your membranes stripped. Shoot, you may have already had the baby by the time you read this seeing as how you posted it last night.
    SashaJ

Answer by SashaJ at 7:07 AM on May. 5, 2009